According to Webster’s Unabridged Dictionary~a listless, lazy, or restless feeling commonly associated with the beginning of Spring.
As we change over from our Winter Diets of carbohydrates and fats, to our Summer Diets, vitamins and protein, our body needs time to adjust. Therefore producing “Spring Fever.” Symptoms can include sleepiness, irritability, and even dizziness…
And there is Science behind it…Hormones, of course. Darkness causes the production of Melatonin, the sleep hormone. Serotonin, the happy hormone, needs light, and our reserves become low by Winters end…
February is the month I start looking for signs of Spring. While most people are looking for Robins, my attention goes to the Mergansers on the creek down at Ninth Avenue. The first sighting brings me great joy…
Mid-March to Mid-April can be rougher on some more than others. As Gardeners, we NEED to be in the dirt! An early Spring Garden helps….
The Flowering Almond in my Garden surely provides me something to look forward to..
Seeing the turtles come up to the surface, denotes the end of their Winter slumber.Another sign of Spring in my Garden
And while I continue to wait for Spring to arrive outside, I will be enjoying the color inside.
Thankx for allowing me to share…Happy Almost Spring!
10 Ways To Catch Spring Fever With The Garden Charmers
- 1. Barb Spring Fever | Our Fairfield Home & Garden
- 2. Lynne Spring Fever: What Not To Do | Sensible Gardening & Living
- 3. Heather Spring Fever: Don’t Fight It| New House New Home New Life
- 4. Jacki Finally; spring! There’s nothing like a garden after that first spring rain… | Drought Smart Plants
- 5. Melissa What’s your garden name? Come find out! | Empress of Dirt
- 6. Judy Spring Fever @ Magic Touch & Her Gardens | Magic Touch & Her Gardens
- 7. Shelley Kickstart Your Spring Garden Now | Sow & Dipity
- 8. Amy Planning Ideas For Your Vegetable Garden | A Healthy Life For Me
- 9. Stephanie Seed Starting In Mini Greenhouses | Garden Therapy
- 10. Carol Spring Fever In My Garden Starts in Winter | The Gardening Cook